Holiday finds.

If you read my Mouse House blog you will see that I have been on holiday to the beautiful island of Madeira.
                                         Stunning scenery.
                                        Pretty churches. A real delight!


Crochet is sold all over the island but my favourite are these exquisite pieces found at a local car boot sale.
The lady explained to me that they had been made to be stitched on to a towel.
The work is so fine it must be worked on the tiniest hook. Really beautiful! I am going to use them in my work somehow.

On another stall were these ancient keys, at one euro each I couldn't resist. It would be interesting to know there history.

and finally this piece, I don't know what it is, maybe a stand for a small iron. Anyway the stall holder gave this to me for free. I can see this as a Gothic arch somewhere.

I could have bought much more but funds and baggage allowances have to be considered.

Now it's back to work before the magazine article comes out in a couple of weeks time.

Happy creating,

xox Angela.

Comments

Zue said…
What wonderful finds. I especially love the Gothic arch.
Sue xx
Great finds, dear Angela! These are wonderful souvenirs to remind you on your lovely vacation.
Hugs to you,
Julia
Soggibottom said…
Wondered why you had been so quiet :-)
Hope you had a fantastic holiday. As much as we live in a beautiful place, always good to see another part of the world... :-) x x x

Popular posts from this blog

Progress on the Christmas quilt.

Using every last scrap.

Say Hello to Maggie Lowe Designs