New quilt top, 'Ediths House'.

Piecing a quilt top for me is about creating a 'canvas' for lots of Applique, embroidery and of course quilting.
I promised my daughter in law a very special quilt for my newest grandaughter. She already has a 'Tummy time ' play quilt but didn't have something really beautiful to welcome her into the world.

I've thought and thought about this quilt and very slowly an idea has formed.
 Today I finished the ''canvas'''.

The quilt is to be called 'Ediths House'.
 My son and his wife have a detached Victorian house in London so I made a rough lookalike to go in the middle.

I've left enough room above to add some lettering which will be hand stitched as part of the quilting.


                          I made a paper template so I can judge the placement.

Tomorrow I'll start on the applique, no firm plans yet, we'll see how it evolves....

I've looked back in my photo files and found a few pics of some of the details on Freyas quilt, it was all in very soft pinks and white so not east to photograph It's been folded too so excuse some creasing.

 I used the piecing as the base to stitch and embroider.

There are birds and dragonflies,

Angel kisses....

Big flowers.....


Flowers in a vase....

and daisies in a row.

I'm anxious to start tomorrow adding to 'Ediths house'.
I'll keep you updated.

My Christmas Quilt isn't finished yet and is waiting patiently to be stitched but ''so many quilts, so little time''!!!!

xox Angela.

Comments

Hi Angela, The quilt is beautiful already and I know that it will be so gorgeous when you are finished with it. I love that soft shade of blue, combined with the beige and brown. Freya's quilt is fabulous and so sweet too.
Have a lovely weekend!
Hugs,
Julia
Dear Angela, Edith's house looks very beautiful, love the colors, the pics of Freyas quilt looks wonderful, have a nice weekend.
Hugs Anni
Evy said…
This quilt is a very attractive present for your little girl, a cocoon of sweetness which will help him to grow well!

Beautiful day Angela
Hi Angela, your quilt is already so pretty and will be even more special with all the stitch elements you will add over time. So wonderful to have that eye for design and detail. Have a beautiful day. Tammy

Popular posts from this blog

Progress on the Christmas quilt.

Using every last scrap.

Say Hello to Maggie Lowe Designs