Saturday, 24 March 2012

A new mouse.

I've been playing with the mice again and created 'Ida May', she loves to quilt although she's a little short sighted. Here she is after spending her day at the local quilters get together. She's ready to put her feet up and enjoy  a cup of tea and a piece of chocolate cake!!

This gal is a prototype, there are things to change next time I make her. She can only get better.

I have a few wool needlekeep kits left after my teaching trip to London.

They are for sale on Etsy, just click the link on my side bar if you would like one.

Have a good weekend.

xox Angela.

Tuesday, 20 March 2012

The Quilted Yurt.

I'm just back from teaching at Stitch and Craft in London a little tired but full of ideas for my next projects.

I wanted to show you this wonderful creation. I loved it!!
Made by Linzi Upton you can read about her here.
Inside is huge,
a couple of vintage chairs
a rug,
a picture
and the dining table
to make cosy
and just like home.

the roof has wonderful bands of colour...

Couldn't you just be happy spending time here!!!!

Hope all is well with you all, I'm busy catching up with all your posts.
xox Angela.

Monday, 5 March 2012

Only a Rose.

Only a Rose is the title of my upcoming workshop at Stitch and Craft in London this month.

I'll be teaching my way of making pretty rolled fabric roses that can be used to embellish so many things.

I've been busy making samples to show different ways to use them.

Today I finished another bag.
 The base is made from some heavy Hungarian linen that I found at
 'A Vintage Rummage Sale' last Saturday.

This is the back of the bag, you can see the lovely texture of the fabric.The lace came from the same sale and is just the right shade of cream.

I've used a vintage chair back for the flap along with more lace and some fringing. The roses are different shades of aged white with added pearls. The 'tassel' is  pieces of sari silk grouped together and tied in a knot.

I also made a fringe with seam binding ribbon which has been aged slightly with walnut ink.

I love the creamy colours of this bag, I hope my pictures do it justice.

My final sample is another necklace in shades of lilac and lavender.

I used a piece of hand dyed Mulberry bark which I felted with silk waste before adding the different texture roses. I've used tiny seed beads and french knots to fill in some of the natural holes in the Mulberry bark. To make the cord I've used seam binding ribbon and over stitched it on my machine before adding the clasp.

All the samples are finished, just a few more kits to finish and then I'm all ready.

Have a great week.
xox Angela.