I made my first felted beret this week in a workshop with the lovely Julie Bowen. Her instructions were clear and concise and her work was a true inspiration.
After a couple of hours I managed to finish most of the initial layers of wool and silk fibres. Time ran out in class so I've finished the felting process at home.
Here is the finished beret with some hand stitching,
This is the label for my new collections.
'' Raggle Taggle Gyspy''
I had just enough of the yellow merino tops along with some silk waste,
chiffon sari silk ribbons and bamboo fibre to make this journal cover.
adding beads and stitching really finishes it off...............
Inside are five blank signatures just waiting to be filled.
and to finish, I used some of my sample pieces of felt to make these brooches.
The blue is indigo dyed with a resist, a fabulous process that I really loved.
The orange leaf is my first attempt at eco-dyeing using eucalyptus leaves
I stiffened the felt a little and needed to create a firm backing to hold the brooch pin but I've solved the puzzle of ''how to'' and will be making more soon..
I'm learning so much, expanding my knowledge and loving it!!!!
Have a fun and creative week